The church seen here today was completed in 1614. It was built
by Sir William Smith, and was consecrated by John King, Bishop of London.
Sir William's uncle, Sir Thomas Smith, was in the process of
re-building Hill Hall when he died in 1577. His monument is housed on the north
side of the chancel, having been moved from the previous church that stood on
the site, which was destroyed by lightning in 1611.
Copyright 2021 - John Whitworth (www.essexchurches.info)
Essex Church ~ St Michael's Church ~ Theydon Mount Church ~ St Michael, Theydon Mount ~ wedding ~ christening ~ baptism ~ mass
Website by Ontime Development.